For poker players who want detailed 7 Card Stud Poker Strategy Advices with clear and honest opinions. Discover the easiest style to use if you want to make a profit.
- Be very selective with your starting hands: nothing is more important than choosing the correct starting hand for a certain situation.
- Table selection: only play in games where you have an edge. You want at least a couple of weak players at the table when you sit down.
- "Play the players": make sure to quickly assess the opposition: who plays inferior hands, who folds at aggression, who bets with draws, who calls bets with weak hands and long-shot draws, who can be bluffed, who bluffs, etc.
- "Pump it or dump it": fold or bet/raise (if the odds are with you). You should avoid calling unless you have a good reason (like trapping an opponent).
- Remember the upcards: be sure to look at all of your opponents' upcards and remember them. It is very important to know if the hands are "live" (none or few of the key cards are gone) or not.
- Raise with your strong draws: whenever you hit a good draw, like a four-flush on Fourth Street, always consider raising instead of just calling. This move can make your opponent lay down the better hand while you remain on a strong draw.
Third Street Strategy
Ante Stealing Strategy